Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the LCBO website
Make and share this Mashed Potato Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs potatoes, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 green onions, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (cheddar or parmesan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the potatos until they are soft enough to mash.set them aside.
- In a seperate bowl mix together eggs,cream,sour cream,onions,salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to the potatoes,whip until no lumps are left in the potatoes.Next add the grated cheese to the potato mix do NOT whip just mix together.
- Next add the egg mixture to the potatoes mix well.
- Grease a casserole dish or 12 cup muffin pan, and distribute potato mixture evenly.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes.If using a casserole dish leave for about 35 minutes or until light golden brown on the top.
Made for Spring PAC 2010. These make a very nice presentation and the flavour is really nice.I suggest making sure the ratio of mashed potatoes to the egg/cream mixture is right...mine needed a bit more potato...they were a bit hard to get out of the muffin tins but still tasted yummy.
The puffs look yummy.