Recipe by diner524
I cut this recipe out of the TOH or quick cooking magazine. This is a all in one dish meal. It can be made for OAMC or half made for dinner the day of preparation and freeze 2nd one for later dinner.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was DELICIOUS!! I had to make substitutions though...used chicken italian sausage (no ground beef or buffalo in the freezer), and used 2 cream of chicken soups (don't eat mushrooms), but it was absolutely wonderful. Smelled so good in the oven, and tasted great. A new keeper recipe for us ~ "down home cookin" at it's best! Made for Football Pool 2008, Playoff Week #2, Jan 2009. :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 -7 potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion, drain well. Stir in soups, beans and mushroom. Simmer until heated through. Meanwhile, combine hot mashed potatoes, egg, salt and pepper; mix well. Spread into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in.x9-in.x2-in. baking dish or two greased 9-in. pie plates. Spoon ground beef into the potato crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; sprinkle with french-fried onions and cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Note: If freezing don't include cheddar cheese or french-fried onions prior to freezing.