Prep 30 mins
Cook 47 mins
Decadent goodness....not a diet dish! I discovered this in the Chicago Sun-Times FOOD section.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- Line unbaked, unpricked pastry shell with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove weights and foil; bake for 5 to 7 minutes longer, until almost done. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 425°.
- Combine mashed potatoes, half-and-half and butter, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper; beat with electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Add potato mixture; beat 1 minute longer. Stir in shredded cheese, chopped onion and bacon. Pour potato mixture into warm pastry shell.
- Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Amazing!! Everyone loved it and it was different from regular mashed potatoes. Will be making this again. Thanks.
What an accompaniment to baked ham and steamed broccoli!!! I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe and shamefully admit I had a leftover piece (cold, mind you) for breakfast the next day then warmed the last piece for lunch. Thanks for sharing this wonderful dish.
GOODNESS GRACIOUS HEAVENLY DAYS AND WHATTADISH!!! Wow....I don't know when I've found a dish that pleases ALL of my kids and DH as much as this did. The flavor is wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing (except for the 5lbs. it added to my hips!) Thanks for the GREAT new recipe....we LOVED IT!!!