Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
O.K...everyone knows about my obsessions for muffins. This may be going a bit overboard, but hey it's muffin shaped. (I have changed the wording on the egg amount and adjusted accordingly.) Also, please note the previous reviewers difficulties in removing the muffins from the baking cups.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, butter and salt.
- Mash until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the sour cream, ricotta cheese, egg and onions.
- GENEROUSLY coat six muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill with potato mixture and smooth tops.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup and invert onto a baking sheet or serving platter.
Pretty good. I guesstimated on the pound of potatoes. Next time would just season them like we normally would and then add the sour cream/ricotta. I probably could've baked a little longer but rest of the supper was ready, so took them out a little early. I had no problem getting them out, but they did fall apart a little. I added some shredded cheese on top and mixed in some sauteed onion and garlic since I didn't have any green onion.
We made these for our Thanksgiving dinner. We all loved the fluffy potatoes - the flavor was outstanding. I had some trouble getting them out of the muffin tins. They didn't stick so much as fall apart because they were so fluffy and light. Cleanup was easy so I will definitely give them another try.
Oh yummy! I so wish my camera hadn't broken, I would love to have posted a photo of these little gems! The last 10 minutes of baking I sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon bits on top of each muffin. They were like little twice baked potatoes without the skins! Delicious! I had no probem removing them from the muffin tins using Kitten's Recipe #78579 Thank you Sue! I will make these again for sure! Made for KK's Recipe Tag