O.K...everyone knows about my obsessions for muffins. This may be going a bit overboard, but hey it's muffin shaped. (I have changed the wording on the egg amount and adjusted accordingly.) Also, please note the previous reviewers difficulties in removing the muffins from the baking cups.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, butter and salt.
- Mash until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the sour cream, ricotta cheese, egg and onions.
- GENEROUSLY coat six muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill with potato mixture and smooth tops.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup and invert onto a baking sheet or serving platter.