1/3 Photos of Mashed Potato Lasagna With a Vegetable Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I used leftover roasted garlic mashed potatoes use your favorite. This has texture, creaminess and richness from the cheeses and potatoes. Tiny chucks of veggies. The Solemio noodles that I used are fresh and consist of 8 wide noodles 2 per layer so adjust if using different brand. This lasagna has 4 layers of noodles. I just dip the fresh noodle to remove some starch and soften lightly. If not using fresh do follow the package directions.Served with Aromatic Herbed Bread Filled With Prosciutto
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 1/2 ounces fresh lasagna noodles (cook according to directed on package if not using fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, fine dice
- 2 large celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- nutmeg, fresh grated to taste
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- 2Boil a large pot of salted water, set aside for noodles.
- 4Heat oil in large heavy pot.
- 5Saute vegetables for 10 minutes.
- 6Add the canned tomatoes and herbs bring to a boil then reduce and simmer for 30 minutes stirring often.
- 7Cheese mixture:.
- 8Mix all cheese ingredients together,set aside.
- 9In a 9x13 casserole dish place 1 cup of the sauce in bottom of dish.
- 10Take 2 of the noodles dip into the water and shake to remove water and place over the sauce on bottom of pan; spread with 1 cup of cheese mixture; follow with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes; then 1 cup sauce.
- 11Repeat step #10 for two more layers.
- 12Place the last two noodles on top spread remaining cheese mixture on noodles; arrange the sliced mozzarella cheese on top of the cheese mixture; top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 13Bake lightly covered with foil for 30 minutes uncover and bake 15-20 more minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Lasagna With a Vegetable Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.3
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 854.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lasagna noodles