Just a little something different to do with your mash! Makes for a talking point and the kids will love it! I did these the other day for a Halloween dinner and called them Ghostly Mashed Potato, whatever you call it--it makes a change from regular mashed potato.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes and put in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil then cook with lid on for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mash the potato adding a large knob of butter and a splash of milk while mashing.
- Mix in the grated cheese then leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- On a non stick baking tray form the mashed potato into mounds then fashion with a fork to the desired effect (see photo for guideline).
- Slice the olives width ways for the mouths then cut small pieces for the eyes.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp up a little then serve them as they are or on top of any additional mash left over.