Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I love this recipe because it uses Swiss cheese instead of the usual Cheddar.
Make and share this Mashed Potato Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77 g russet potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 354.88 ml shredded swiss cheese (6 oz.)
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, place potatoes; add enough water to cover potatoes by 1 inch. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced with fork.
- Drain potatoes; return to saucepan. Add butter; mash with potato masher until creamy. Stir in egg yolks, salt, milk and 1 cup of the cheese. Spread potato mixture evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
We made this for school and everyone loved it. I even made this at home again since the one from school was not enough. One of the best recipes ever. I love it ;)
Great tasting mashed potato. I added 1/4 c more milk as suggested by Parsley, it turned out perfect...not too dry and not too wet. Didn't add parsley on top. Baked at exactly 30min. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. UPDATE: use 1K potato, use exact 1c milk baked in 8x8 glass for about 20min. Use 1 bar land o lakes sharp cheddar, very cheesy potatoes indeed
Tastes just like au gratin potatoes...except a nice smooth texture. I added some extra milk, and I'm glad that I did because it dries out some during baking. I also put a little extra cheese on the top;) Yummy! Thanx for sharing this. I'll make this again.