Recipe by TerribleCook1017
Although this recipe calls for whole wheat flour, white flour can be easily substituted for a smoother texture. This recipe takes quite some time to prepare, but the finished product is well worth it. Note: You may need more or less flour depending on the size of the potatoes. The dough should be very heavy and sticky, but holds its shape.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- garlic powder
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, slice, boil, and drain the potatoes very well. Mash the potatoes with butter.
- Knead flour into mashed potatoes, gradually adding garlic and pepper to the dough.
- Meanwhile, simmer spaghetti sauce in a separate saucepan and fill a separate pot of boiled water.
- Roll dough into small balls about 1/2" to 1" in diameter. Press each dough ball with a fork.
- Carefully drop gnocchi into rapidly boiling water. When the gnocchi float, remove them from the water and drop them into the pasta sauce to keep them warm as you boil all gnocchi. Serve.