Recipe by Felix4food
This is cheap, tasty and fairly quick. Good for having with bangers (uk word for sausages)
Top Review by Countrywife
Wonderful. The carrots give a nice, different taste. I like mashed potatos with milk, not cream. The mix is lighter with milk. I used just a touch horseradish and it was very pleasant. DH is the one who slathers horseradish on everything. This is a good combination.
- 3 -6 potatoes
- 1 -2 carrot
- 1 tablespoon real butter
- creamy mild horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- The most important part is to cook the potatoes really well, lumpy mash is horrid!
- Peel, cut into small pieces (cooks quicker and more evenly) and transfer to a bowl when cooked.
- Boil the carrots until they are a little over boiled (mushy) in little chunks while hot sprinkle over the pepper.
- add the butter.
- add a little of the milk.
- start to blend with the electric device.
- add more milk gradullly.
- turn into a really smooth paste (okay not too smooth!).
- Add the carotts and blend well.
- finally, spoon in the horseradish at the end but never add the horserdish to the blender.
- Spoon it in very gently and not too much mixing.
- The less combined it is the tastier it will be (trust me).