Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very nice alternate potato side dish! I got this recipe from the Mount Joy Mennonite Church cookbook. Mount Joy is in Lancaster County, PA. Prep and cook times are approximate.
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageinstant onion soup mix (single serving)
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- Stir Parmesan cheese into mashed potatoes.
- Add cream cheese, butter, onion soup mix and pepper; mix well.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk, if mixture is dry.
- Shape mixture into 10 to 12 balls.
- Dip into the 2 beaten eggs; roll into the corn flakes.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes or till hot and crisp.
I had some left over potatoes (just enough for 3 croquettes). I did not have any cream cheese in the house so I added some cheddar and then added 1 egg to the potato mixture. With the egg added to the mixture they were moist enough to pick up the cornflake crumbs with out further dipping. Placed the patties in the fridge for 1 hour. Baked them according to instructions and they were wonderful. I apologize for the changes but I did not think that there were enough changes to warrant a new recipe.