Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a special treat for my family. I got this recipe from a very good friend way back in 1969 and have made it every year for Christmas
- 3⁄4 cup mashed potatoes, without milk or salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 cups coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces bitter baking chocolate
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 ounces paraffin wax
- Cook potatoes until tender, drain and mash.
- Mix together with coconut,walnuts sugar and vanilla.
- Roll into small balls and dip in chocolate mixture.
- Chill and store in airtight container.
I have been looking for this recipe for almost 15 years. My grandmother and I used to make it every Christmas together but she never wrote the recipe down. It was a favourite for my whole family when I was a kid and now I can pass it down to my own kids!!