Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My hubby loves the mashed potato bowls they make at KFC. I came up with this recipe just for him. Although this is not a copy cat, by no means, that's where I got the idea from. I take a few short cuts in this recipe, so it's not necessarily homemade, but it is for sure "working mom" friendly. You can use either leftover mash potatoes or buy the bowls they sell at the grocery store these days. Cooking time includes prep time. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 16 ounces bowl prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken gravy
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Set up 3 bowls to bread chicken. Mix flour, salt and pepper and divide between 2 bowls. Place the 2 eggs in 3rd bowl and whisk. Heat oil in large skillet to fry.
- Dust chicken in first flour bowl. Dip in egg and then bread in the 2nd flour bowl. Put into hot oil to fry. The time it takes to fry will be determined by the size you cut your chicken pieces. Fry until golden brown and cooked throughout (should be 165 degrees).
- While chicken cooks, heat gravy in a small saucepan, cook corn in microwave and leave in the bag to keep it hot. Heat mashed potatoes in the microwave until hot.
- Build in bowls you plan to eat from. Put mashed potatoes on bottom, Then add the corn and chicken and pour desired amount of gravy on top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve.