Recipe by lazyme
This is a family favorite. It's simple and can be made ahead. I like to add a lot of pepper and sometimes roasted garlic. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Lillyflowers921
Really, really tasty dish. In my oven it took a bit longer than 30 minutes to get the top browned. Because of that next time I'll add a little more milk to them as they were a smidge dry. I also wasn't able to get chives so I substituted scallions and the result was very good.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped (about 3 bunches)
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 6 to 8-cup ovenproof dish.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes; return to same pot.
- Add cream cheese and mash well.
- Mix in sour cream and milk, then chives.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Spoon potatoes into prepared dish; dot with chilled butter.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead; let stand at room temperature.).
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Bake potatoes until heated through and beginning to brown on top, about 30 minutes.