Recipe by mersaydees
I enjoy sharing this dish with guests. It is based on a recipe from Beatrice A. Ojakangas' book, The Finnish Cookbook.
Top Review by karen
So simple to make, light, fluffy and wonderful. Great recipe. I will definitely make it again. I took one of the reviewers suggestions and added a couple cloves of crushed garlic and some thyme. Yummy addition! Thanks!!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes. When done cooking, drain the water and mash them in the pot. Transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Whip in the eggs, cream or milk, salt to taste, and 4 tablespoon butter; beat until very fluffy.
- Turn into a buttered 1-quart casserole and sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Dot with remaining two tablespoons butter.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (375 degrees farenheit) for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
- Serve hot.