Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This mashed potato casserole is THE BEST! It's always been a huge hit with guests at pot lucks, holiday meals and TGIF parties after a long work week. If you like garlic, it's easy to add fresh or powdered to really "kick it up a notch". Cayenne pepper also adds flair. Enjoy!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 3 green onions, chopped with tops included
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil potatoes, drain and mash.
- Add onion salt and cool.
- Stir in chopped green onions to potatoes.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Put contents into in buttered casserole dish.
- Top with dots of butter.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Before heating in oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese& paprika.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Expected more zip from the sour cream. No thrill for the calorie count.
I made this dish this evening as a side for my own Southern Fried Chicken recipe. I kicked it up with a teaspoon of cayenne and a bit of jalapeno and some sea salt to counter the sour cream. It was a huge hit for a group that "likes it hot".