Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an excellant recipe that can be made the day before serving and reheated without any change in taste.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 dash paprika
- Stir together the cream cheese, garlic salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Set aside.
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks and boil till soft.
- Mash (or with electric mixer) the potaotes till they are in fine lumps.
- Add the cream cheese mixture and beat till fluffy and smooth.
- Spoon into well buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Dot with paprika.
- Bake covered in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes (if made the day before and refrigerated, cook for 50 minutes).
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes to a golden brown.
Yum! Very good. I thought it could use a bit more flavor. I added some peeled garlic cloves in with the potatoes to boil. I added 1/4 cup buttermilk and chives to the potatoes when mashing them. When it was time to uncover the potatoes, I topped them with freshly grated Parmesan cheese which made for a lovely golden brown top. Very tasty , will make again. Thank you for sharing!
Thsese were amazing! They were so simple and my stepson says these were "the best potatoes ever"! They were perfect as I could make the rest of dinner while these were in the oven out of the way. We didn't have any problems with these being dry as I added about a 1/4 cup milk just in case. I didn't use the paprika as I forgot I was out. And I didn't even get any pictures of these as they were inhaled too quickly! Thanks Doj for my new mashed potato recipe!!
I love dishes that can be prepped in advance of time! I scaled down to 3 servings & weighed the potatoes on my food scale. The result had good taste but it was rather dry. Next time, I'll add some milk to the mixture. Thanx Dojemi!