Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from McCormicks recipes. Sounds really good, and as before, it's a casserole.
- 5 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crispy cooked and crumbled bacon (about 2 slices)
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish Preheat oven 350% Place all ingredients, except cheese and bacon in a large bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer til smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Can use instant potatoes.
I made this casserole with instant mashed potatoes. It was delicious, and made for a tasty side dish. I did find it a little bit rich, though. I think next time, I will cut the amount of cream cheese down to about 4 ounces, and will uncover the baking dish for the last 5 minutes of baking. Thanks for posting, Myrna 2!