Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are tired of plain old mashed potatoes, this is a nice change, and so yummy. Note: cooking time does not include boiling potatoes.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We enjoyed this for our mother's day dinner with fried chicken. My daughter thought it had too much sour cream and garlic in it, but I thought it was find. It did need a lot of salt and pepper for our taste. May add cheese to it next time. Thanks Kitz for a wonderful side for my Mother's day.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl, stir together cream cheese, garlic, pepper, chopped green onions (if using), salt, egg, and sour cream until smooth; set aside.
- Boil potatoes; drain.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add sour cream mixture, mix until smooth.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- (At this point, potatoes can be stored in the fridge and baked later).
- Bake, covered for 25 minutes, (45 minutes if stored in the fridge).
- Uncover, after 25 minutes, and continue baking for 10 minutes more.
- If desired 1 cup grated cheddar could be sprinkled on top of potatoes the last 10 minutes of baking.