Recipe by mydesigirl
It never fails...I always make too many mashed potatoes. This is a great way to use them the next day.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, devided
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami or 1⁄4 lb prosciutto or 1⁄4 lb ham, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use 2-3 teaspoons of butter to grease 8x8 baking pan.
- Coat bottom and sides of pan with bread crumbs and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl (except milk) and mix, adding milk if it is too thick.
- Transfer into prepared pan and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375* for 35 minutes or until heated through and golden.
- Sometimes, I add shredded cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking time.