Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple easy, do ahead casserole. Not bad on the pocket book either.If you like a little more zing to it add 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce or 1 tsp chili flakes I took some shortcuts today when I made this casserole - I used precooked hamburger, a can of French cut beans, leftover celeric Mashed potatoes & bottled chopped garlic. It was In the oven in 5 minutes. It definitely needs some chili flakes or other spicy condiment
- 907.18 g potatoes, peeled, cooked mashed and set aside
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 453.59 g fresh frenched green beans, steamed 8 minutes, set aside
- 340.19 g aged cheddar cheese, grated (or you favorite cheese)
- Spray a casserole dish with oil and heat oven to 350°F.
- Fry the hamburger, onions & garlic until the meat is just cooked.
- Put the hamburger in the bottom of the casserole.
- Top with the steamed french green beans.
- Next the mashed potatoes.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover top with cheese and bake a further 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
This is a good unusual version of shepard's pie.And it got my kids to eat their veggies.That makes this a keeper in my book.
Made this for dinner tonight. Quick and easy to prepare. Followed your recipe exactly except I placed everything in the casserole dish then baked it a few hours later - great for making ahead and then just baking when ready. We all liked it very much - but everyone said it seemed to be missing something - just added some salt, pepper and a small amount of diced tomato - just the little spark my family needed. Thanks for posting this easy recipe - will definately make it again.
Made this for supper last night. I assembled it in the morning and just popped it in the oven at supper time. I added green onions to the mashed potatoes. We thought this was a good quick and easy dish. I used alot of fresh green beans from our garden and it was great!