Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I used this recipe a lot when my kids were younger and it was helpful to have part of supper ready ahead of time. Especially because babies ALWAYS seem to be fussy when it is time to make dinner. Works great for company or potluck too.
- 8 large potatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby cheese, grated
- Peel and cook potatoes until tender.
- Mash potatoes with onion salt and sour cream.
- Add butter.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole dish and press down slightly.
- Top with cheese. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Loved these potatoes, wonderful flavor, a flavored cream cheese like onion/chives would be a good addition as well. Very easy to make and you can make as much or as little as you want.
I made this with new red potatoes- cooked then mashed with the skins on. I also used extra sharp cheddar cheese ( i used only about 1/2 cup)And I didn't refridg overnight --the potatoes tasted great! Thank you