1/1 Photo of Mashed Potato Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Mashed potatoes without the last-minute hassle... From Cook's Country Dec/Jan 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes in water to cover by 1 inch until tender. About 20 minutes.
- 2Heat half-and-half, butter, garlic, mustard, and salt over medium low heat until smooth. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 3Drain potatoes and transfer to mixing bowl. Mix using an electric mixer on medium-low and slowly add half-and-half mixture until potatoes are smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add eggs 1 at a time until mixed well, about another minute.
- 5Fold in chives.
- 6Transfer to greased 2-quart baking dish. Make a nice little design in the top of the potatoes with a fork.
- 7The dish may be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours - If so,let it sit at room temp for an hour before continuing.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees until potatoes begin to brown.
- 9Cool 10 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.1
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 288.7 mg
- Sodium 3084.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g