Recipe by Amber Matlock
I'm terrible at making plain mashed potatoes. When I found this recipe, I was so happy to be able to make yummy potatoes!
Top Review by hummingbird garden
my mother made this years ago - we make mashed potatoes first - with butter, milk, salt and pepper - then starting with cream cheese do everything else. Big hit always! Glad to find the recipe.
- 8 -10 medium boiling potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and boil potatoes. Drain and beat well.
- Add salt, pepper, and cream cheese.
- Blend in eggs, flour, parsley, and chives or onion.
- Put into a well buttered casserole dish. Spread slightly crunched French fried onion on top.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes until puffy and golden.
- This casserole can be prepared in the morning and refrigerated until baking time. If you do it this way, be sure to allow more baking time.