Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm terrible at making plain mashed potatoes. When I found this recipe, I was so happy to be able to make yummy potatoes!
- 8 -10 medium boiling potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions
- Peel and boil potatoes. Drain and beat well.
- Add salt, pepper, and cream cheese.
- Blend in eggs, flour, parsley, and chives or onion.
- Put into a well buttered casserole dish. Spread slightly crunched French fried onion on top.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes until puffy and golden.
- This casserole can be prepared in the morning and refrigerated until baking time. If you do it this way, be sure to allow more baking time.
my mother made this years ago - we make mashed potatoes first - with butter, milk, salt and pepper - then starting with cream cheese do everything else. Big hit always! Glad to find the recipe.
As written, the consistancy is like cement. There has to be some liquid added in or it's like very thcik paste. I added a decent amount of milk, a tbsp of butter and a bit of light sour cream to make it fluffier. The taste is there, but definitely needs more moisture. Those onions are a great crunchy topping. Thanx for sharing.
This is a grrrreat make ahead recipe. I did not have french fried onions to sprinkle on top so I used shredded cheese and put on the last five minutes of baking.