Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from whole foods market.
- 4 -6 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- paprika (to garnish)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Sauté the onions, celery until soft.
- Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them well and return to the cooking pot.
- Add the butter and the milk. Mash together well.
- Add the sautéed vegetables.
- Spread the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in an 8x8 or 9x9 casserole dish.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into the dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This was a great casserole side dish that I served with some barbecued chicken. I love the roasted top when I took it from the oven. The celery and onion sauted in the potatoes was delicious! I did add black pepper when mashing the potatoes. Thanks alyseepoo