Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves for me to make this, especially at Christmas or Thanksgiving. It's a great side dish that's so easy but looks difficult!
- 6 -8 peeled potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle bacon bits
- 1⁄2 cup chives
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Cut potatoes into squares and boil in pot for 30-45 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain water and add butter. Mash. Add milk a little at a time mashing in between until potatoes are thick and creamy.
- Pour potatoes in a 9"X13" casserole dish or a circular deep casserole dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper atop.
- Spread Cheese atop until potatoes are covered. Do the same with the bacon bits and chives.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream and serve.
This was good and easy, but I think I will just stick to baking a potatoe and putting the fixings on it. I'm sure anyone who tries this recipe will like it.