Recipe by tuttifrutti
A favorite around the holidays. Also good for company because it can be made the night before.
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant potato flakes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup oleo, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine potato flakes and water with a fork, set aside.
- In another bowl,combine cream cheese,butter, egg,onion and salt.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spoon into greased 1 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.