Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother made this very rich candy every year at Christmas for my father. I've never been able to make it exactly like hers because she didn't use a "recipe". Her recipes called for a little of this and a pinch of that. I'm sorry I don't have prep times and serving amount is a guess as these vary. It depends on how large you roll this out.
- 3⁄4 cup mashed potatoes (no salt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 piece paraffin wax
- english walnuts, chopped into pieces
- Combine mashed potatoes, vanilla, powdered sugar, and cocnut.
- Mix well.
- Roll into snake-like shape on waxed paper.
- Let set.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin in double boiler.
- Cut candy into bite size pieces and dip in chocolate mixture.
- Place a walnut piece on each candy.
- Place on waxed paper to set.
- (When mixing the candy, you need to keep adding powdered sugar until it forms a stiff"dough" in order to roll).