Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
a favorite recipe here at Christmas. One of my grandmothers recipes dating back to early 1900s
Top Review by SnoDov
"OoOOooo" This recipe is near exact to what my Mom used to make, and lost many years ago and thought we would never find it again!! It figures I would find it on Zar, lol! Now we can make it over & over again ~ thank you SO much, Northern Reflections, for sharing it...(hmm, I'm a "northern gal" too, kind'a makes ya wonder if its a northern thing ;)
- 3⁄4 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1/2 cup)
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 lbs icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 paraffin wax block
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar, salt, coconut in bowl with softened butter.
- Add potatoes and vanilla and mix well by hand.
- Pack mixture into 9 x 13 pan.
- Cool in fridge.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Melt chocolate, chocolate chips and paraffin wax -- stirring til no lumps appear. (ALWAYS exercise caution when heating paraffin -- I use a large well washed tin can and put it in the double boiler).
- Using a toothpick, dip the squares in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to set.