Recipe by BriarCraft
My mother used to make too many mashed potatoes, just so she'd have the leftovers to make these cakes. Now I do, too. They're very simple and a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
Top Review by children from A to Z
I made this this morning for breakfast. I was going to post this until I found this already posted. My mom makes these all the time. We serve these with ketchup. My mom makes them without onion and parsley and eats them with syrup. I did have to add a lot of flour in order to handle them to make patties. My leftover potatoes were made with milk & butter but they may not have been stiff enough. Awesome for breakfast. Easier than fried potatoes. Potatoes, gotta love em! Thanks Wildrose!
- 473.18 ml mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml onion powder or 44.37 ml grated fresh onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients.
- If mashed potatoes are warm, chill for a couple of hours.
- Form into 4-6 patties about 1/2" thick.
- If mixture is too moist to form patties, add a little flour.
- Dip in flour.
- Saute slowly in butter, adding more as needed, until crispy on the outside and golden brown.
- Great with bratwurst, ham, meatloaf, or any meat that doesn't have gravy.
- Also good with bacon and eggs for breakfast.