My mother used to make too many mashed potatoes, just so she'd have the leftovers to make these cakes. Now I do, too. They're very simple and a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients.
- 2If mashed potatoes are warm, chill for a couple of hours.
- 3Form into 4-6 patties about 1/2" thick.
- 4If mixture is too moist to form patties, add a little flour.
- 5Dip in flour.
- 6Saute slowly in butter, adding more as needed, until crispy on the outside and golden brown.
- 7Great with bratwurst, ham, meatloaf, or any meat that doesn't have gravy.
- 8Also good with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g