Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother used to make too many mashed potatoes, just so she'd have the leftovers to make these cakes. Now I do, too. They're very simple and a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients.
- If mashed potatoes are warm, chill for a couple of hours.
- Form into 4-6 patties about 1/2" thick.
- If mixture is too moist to form patties, add a little flour.
- Dip in flour.
- Saute slowly in butter, adding more as needed, until crispy on the outside and golden brown.
- Great with bratwurst, ham, meatloaf, or any meat that doesn't have gravy.
- Also good with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
I made this this morning for breakfast. I was going to post this until I found this already posted. My mom makes these all the time. We serve these with ketchup. My mom makes them without onion and parsley and eats them with syrup. I did have to add a lot of flour in order to handle them to make patties. My leftover potatoes were made with milk & butter but they may not have been stiff enough. Awesome for breakfast. Easier than fried potatoes. Potatoes, gotta love em! Thanks Wildrose!
Don'y know where the flavor came from, but these were great. Nice and brown on the outside and creamy in the middle. Thanks
My family loved these. They were moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside. They were even delicious cold. Thanks for sharing!