Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking time does not include cooking the potatoes and broccoli.
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 4 cups broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 8x12 baking dish.
- Whip together mashed potatoes, black pepper, salt, cream cheese, milk, egg and butter until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in half of onions; spread over bottom and up of sides of prepared dish to form a shell.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Arrange hot broccoli in shell.
- Sprinkle cheese and remaining onions over top.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until done.