- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml mashed potatoes
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 44.37 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix with a fork the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry blender cut in shortening and mashed potatoes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk until mixture is moistened.
- Turn dough out on floured board and knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh butter or honey.