- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix with a fork the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry blender cut in shortening and mashed potatoes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk until mixture is moistened.
- Turn dough out on floured board and knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh butter or honey.