Moist delicious biscuits made with leftover mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Mashed Potato Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl mix with a fork the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With a pastry blender cut in shortening and mashed potatoes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk until mixture is moistened.
- Turn dough out on floured board and knead 6 to 8 times.
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with fresh butter or honey.
Easy, very tender, and stored well. What a great use for leftover mashed potatoes!! Used butter instead of shortening. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Thank you so much for sharing Bunlady. I really enjoyed these delicious potato biscuits, what a lovely flavour and texture. They went perfectly with Laurel's Mark's Clam Chowder. I will definitely be making these again....Momma Kato
I found this recipe last week and made them up with left over mashed potatoes from thankgiving. These were VERY GOOD! I like the flavor of potatoe rolls or bread a lot but I don't always have the time to let them rise twice and bake them. These are a quick and easy alternative that have a good flavor. I increased the milk just enough so I could drop them instead of rolling them out. Because of limited time. They went beautifully with the creamy cauliflower soup I made. And the leftover biscuits were just good cold as they are warm from the oven. As much searching as I do on the internet for recipes, I don't think I have ever come across any biscuit recipe like this. This one is a definite keeper.