Recipe by persaudmary
simple to make contains ingredients found in any kitchen. Strictly my own idea for a delicious side dish. Cooking times are maximum. You may adjust quantity of the seasonings to suit your own taste.
- 4 -6 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut the potatoes
- In a medium pot bring to boil 8 cups water (water must be enough to cover the potatoes)
- Add salt, onions, 2 tbsp butter and potatoes. Boil until potatoes are cooked soft.
- Drain retaining the water.
- In a mid sized mixing bowl mix together (use a cake mixer or electric egg beater)
- 1/4 cup of the drained water, potatoes, Thyme and 1/2 cup butter until mixture is soft and creamy (add water as needed to bring mixture to a texture where the mashed potatoes can be scooped up with an ice cream scooper.
- Scoop potatoes and place balls in an oblong baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and baste balls.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375° for 15 mins or until tops of potato balls are brownish.