Recipe by Graybert
A great and tasty variation on mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
Graybert, hubby and I just loved these potatoes. Enjoyed them reheated them in the microwave the next day. I did how ever modify the recipe somewhat. I started out with 4 cups of raw, peeled, cubed potatoes, (this will equal the 3 cups as needed after they have cooked and been mashed) plus I DID NOT add the 1/4 cup of milk, this dish doesn't need it, plus I felt it would of made the potatoes a bit soupy afterwards. When I added the French fried onions, I used the CHEDDAR FRENCH FRIED ONIONS, plus I used EXTRA SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE in this recipe. One other thing about this recipe, when I baked them in the oven, I DID NOT COVER the potatoes when baking, plus when I added the remaining CHEDDAR FRENCH FRIED ONIONS; add the shredded cheddar cheese first, then top with the cheese flavored French fried onions. Thank you Graybert for this delicious potato recipe!!
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder in large bowl; mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 c.
- French fried onions and 1/2 c.
- Top with remaining potato mixture.
- Bake 30 min.
- until hot.
- Top with remaining onions and cheese.
- Bake 5 min.
- until onion are golden.