Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A more modern take on the traditional sweetened potato casserole, typically served as a side dish at Finnish Christmas dinners! I love the spices in this and this goes so well with baked ham!
- 500 g potatoes
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- 450 -500 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 175°C Grease an oven-proof dish.
- Cook peeled potatoes and sweet potatoes until done. Drain and mash. Add hot milk, mix well.
- Add the spices (you may want to use scant teaspoons first and taste as you go along!).
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish and bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
I really liked this recipe. It was unusual, but yummy. The kids weren't fond of it, but I guess the spices put them off. I'll make it again though, and just give them mashed potatoes. Lol