Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tasty side dish.
- 2 green plantains
- 2 ripe plantains (blackish peel)
- 1⁄2 cup dairy cream
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Peel the plantains and cook them in salted water until they become soft inside.
- Leave for a few minutes in a colander to lose excess water.
- Mash while still hot and mix in the cream, butter, cream cheese, parsley and a pinch of salt.
- If it has to be reheated, do it in a double boiler.