Recipe by *Parsley*
Try something different than mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Shuzbud
I usually roast my parsnips with honey but this was a divine new way to make one of my favourite vegetables! The cream added a smooth richness without overwhelming the parsnip taste. I'll be making this again for sure! Made for ZWT6.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the parsnips in a saucepan with water to cover. Add the bouillon and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Mash, adding the butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, garnished with snipped chives.