Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try something different than mashed potatoes.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Place the parsnips in a saucepan with water to cover. Add the bouillon and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
- Mash, adding the butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, garnished with snipped chives.
I usually roast my parsnips with honey but this was a divine new way to make one of my favourite vegetables! The cream added a smooth richness without overwhelming the parsnip taste. I'll be making this again for sure! Made for ZWT6.
These were delicious! My first time making parsnips, & a great introduction. I used almond milk instead of heavy cream and they still tasted quite rich. With the cream they must be out of this world. Thanks for sharing.
I've never really tried parsnips before, so I was very eager to make this dish and try something new. Although I did really enjoy this dish, I made some modifications to it, to suit my tastes. Namely I didn't include the bouillon and both my girlfriend and I were pleasantly surprised.