2 hrs 30 mins
This sweet potato casserole tastes like it has a bit of orange in it (but it doesn't). My aunt made it at Thanksgiving and I rapidly 'borrowed' the recipe! She said she got it from foodnetwork.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Bake whole sweet potatoes for 45 minutes to an hour at 375°F Cool for about 20 minutes.
- 2Peel potatoes and put them into a large mixing bowl with lemon juice and zest, syrup, and brown sugar.
- 3In a large sauce pan, heat bourbon on high until boiling. Gently and CAREFULLY, tilt the pan so it catches on fire (to burn off the alcohol). Extinguish.
- 4Add potatoes to bourbon, along with the butter, salt and pepper.
- 5Place mixture in a 13x9 inch baking dish. This can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving.
- 6Mix topping ingredients together right before you are ready to serve. Sprinkle on top of dish.
- 7Bake from 20 minutes at 375°F.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Maple Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 433.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g