Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this recipe on my own based on what I watched my mom do growing up. They're basically loaded baked potatoes, only mashed! The sour cream keeps the potatoes nice and creamy, so you can reheat them as leftovers - If you have any!!! (Measurements are approximate as they will vary according to taste).
- 1 -2 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (or White potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons chives
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled (Oscar Mayer Ready Bacon works great)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Put potatoes in a pot of water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil for 15-20 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, cook or microwave bacon until crisy.
- Drain potatoes, and return to pot over low heat.
- Mash potatoes until there are few or no lumps.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (Measurements are guidelines - use less or add more according to your taste).
- Serve immediately.
Very good recipe, I used fresh chives too and it was a big hit at the dinner table! Thanks so much for posting it, I'll be sure to pass this one on.
I made these potatoes last night for my son's 6th birthday dinner (he wanted meatloaf and mash potatoes). They were wonderful! My potatoes were done a bit before the meatloaf so I put them into an oven safe bowl (after being mashed and mixing in the goodies), topped them with a little extra cheese, chives and crumbled bacon and put the whole thing in the oven to keep warm. So good!