Recipe by Aquilah
I came up with this recipe on my own based on what I watched my mom do growing up. They're basically loaded baked potatoes, only mashed! The sour cream keeps the potatoes nice and creamy, so you can reheat them as leftovers - If you have any!!! (Measurements are approximate as they will vary according to taste).
- 1 -2 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (or White potatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons chives
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 -8 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled (Oscar Mayer Ready Bacon works great)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in a pot of water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil for 15-20 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, cook or microwave bacon until crisy.
- Drain potatoes, and return to pot over low heat.
- Mash potatoes until there are few or no lumps.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (Measurements are guidelines - use less or add more according to your taste).
- Serve immediately.