Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just for you, Will.
- 6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 3/4 T. dried)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- paprika (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan over high heat, add the potatoes, garlic, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat to low, cover, and cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain well.
- Add in milk and butter; beat with a hand-held electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in cheese and rosemary; beat until fluffy.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper taste.
- Transfer potatoes to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Made these tonight to try something new. I used milk with the potatoes, omitted the rosemary (due to picky dh) and forgot the paprika. They were very creamy and good. Will have to make them again. Thanks for sharing!