Garlic lovers unite! This is a really tasty way to serve potatoes but you have to like garlic and onions.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender (about 30 min).
- While potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions, cook, stirring frequently until soft and golden (about 10 min).
- Drain potatoes, reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
- Cool potatoes until you can handle them to slip off the skins.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and return to the saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup potato water, milk, salt & pepper.
- Heat mixture until heated through (about 5 min).
- Mash potato mixture until smooth.
- Stir in onion/garlic & thyme.
- Spoon potatoes into a serving dish; drizzle with butter and serve.
Wonderful Bergy! You know me and gahhhhhlic so this was great. Only think I did different is leave some of the skins on. I served this with a garlic & herb pork roast and oh la la! Thanks!
Beats plain mashed potatoes all to pieces. Thank you.
Great taters. I followed the recipe exactly except I put potatoes through a ricer instead of mashing them. I also used 1% milk. The onions and garlic turn ordinary potatoes into something special. I served them with roast turkey, stuffing, carrots and green beans. Will be making many more times. Thanks Bergy.