Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this alternative after trying ladypits wonderful mashed spiced carrots Mashed Spiced Carrots. I was delighted by the taste and texture and wondered how it would be with a more savory flavor. This is a hit for me as well. I liked them both so much I have made extra to feed to my freezer.
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 cloves garlic (roasted)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Steam the carrots until cooked through (I usually like them crisp in the center, but that will not work here).
- Mash the carrots with a fork or potato masher and add the roasted garlic.
- Add the stock and the thyme and mix well.
- Add your salt and pepper to taste.
- Simply multiply recipe for bulk/freezer cooking.
Excellent! I never would have thought that carrots could taste so good.