Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These potatoes are wonderful--thanks Rachael Ray! The recipe calls for butter and I made these quite successfully with Smart Balance spread.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock, approximate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (Seeded for a milder flavor.)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the prepared potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water and bring to a boil; once boiling add a touch of salt and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to saucepan, add 2 tablespoons butter, chicken stock, brown sugar, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.
- Mash the potatoes until combined, I like to leave them slightly lumpy.
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve.
These are the best!
This is a great combination of slightly spicy and sweet. Excellent delicious recipe, Paula. I will definitely make this again. Thanks so much for posting.
Loved these! They are excellent. There is a mild heat, a tiny bit of sweet, and just creamy goodness. I used splenda brown sugar and served with pork chops. I will defintely be making these again! YUM! Made for Spring "09 Pick a Chef.