1/1 Photo of Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
These potatoes are wonderful--thanks Rachael Ray! The recipe calls for butter and I made these quite successfully with Smart Balance spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the prepared potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water and bring to a boil; once boiling add a touch of salt and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Drain the potatoes and return to saucepan, add 2 tablespoons butter, chicken stock, brown sugar, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.
- 3Mash the potatoes until combined, I like to leave them slightly lumpy.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 198.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo