1/2 Photos of Mashed Cauliflower With Sauerkraut Casserole
I suppose this is like a "low-carb" version of mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 118.29 ml low-fat mayonnaise, can use full-fat mayo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper (to taste)
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, chopped if desired
- 591.47 ml shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml bacon bits (optional)
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Ligtly grease/sparay a large casserole dish; set aside.
- 2Steam/boil cauliflower until tender; drain. In food processor or blender, whip cauliflower with the mayonnaise and garlic to a smooth consistency.
- 3****If you like a chunkier texture, use a potato masher.***.
- 4Pour whipped cauliflower mixture into a large bowl.
- 5Add the salt, pepper, paprika, sauerkraut, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, onion, and bacon bits.
- 6Pour mixture into the prepared casserole; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Cauliflower With Sauerkraut Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 389.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: