Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I suppose this is like a "low-carb" version of mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise, can use full-fat mayo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, chopped if desired
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F Ligtly grease/sparay a large casserole dish; set aside.
- Steam/boil cauliflower until tender; drain. In food processor or blender, whip cauliflower with the mayonnaise and garlic to a smooth consistency.
- ****If you like a chunkier texture, use a potato masher.***.
- Pour whipped cauliflower mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika, sauerkraut, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, onion, and bacon bits.
- Pour mixture into the prepared casserole; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This tastes too good to be true! Unbelievably delicious, and in accordance with my low carb lifestyle. I paired it with pork. YUMMY! I've been eating off of it all week..
This is a gem of recipe, one that will be one of my fave's for a long time to come. I wasn't sure about the ingredients, but boy, was I ever wrong! The mashed cauliflower and sauerkraut went beautifully together, and the cheese almost puts your mouth into another orbit. I followed this exactly and would recommend you do the same. Outstanding!
Absolutely outstanding. The ingredients may seem strange, but they come together in a delicious and healthy way! Try this, you will not be disappointed!!