Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 large cauliflower
- salt, as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Boil the florets in salted water until tender. Drain well.
- In the food processor put the butter, cream cheese, milk and black pepper. Put the hot cauliflower on top. Puree.
- Check to see if you need more milk.
- Check for salt.
- Put the mixture into a serving bowl. The cauliflower will look just like mashed potatoes.
- You can garnish this with fresh chives if desired to add some color.
- Variations: Add a little Parmesan cheese with the cream cheese.
A great way to serve cauliflower! Mashing it and mixing it with cream cheese really brings out its surprising natural sweetness. Besides the cheese and butter, all you really need is some salt & pepper because the flavor is just perfect.